This type of vinegar is naturally acidic and will eat away at certain things when left on for a set amount of time. Since warts are simply cells that have overgrown, the acid in this solution can gently remove them through a natural process. This is thought to be one of the safest home remedies out there to remove warts. It’s also very affordable and something you can do with privacy. This can be done for one or two warts or even areas affected with large clusters of them.
Steps for Removing Your Warts
- Wash your wart and the area surrounding it with mild soap and warm water. Pat this area dry before moving onto the next step.
- Grab a piece of cotton and soak it with the vinegar. Then, place the cotton on your wart and leave it there for several minutes while applying pressure.
- Next, tape the cotton ball on and leave it alone while you sleep. If it comes off you may need to use plaster or another material to keep it on.
- In the morning remove the soaked cotton and rinse your face off as normal. Repeat this process before bed every night. You can also do this when you wake up in the morning to see quicker results.
Throughout the process of wart removal you may notice that the area starts to swell. This is normal and nothing you should worry about. While you may experience some mild discomfort, if you end up in pain you should stop using his remedy. Pain is a sign that the vinegar may be too strong for your skin, especially if it is sensitive. The wart will eventually turn black or dark and will then get smaller before eventually peeling off.
Alternative Removal Method
- Make a bath of equal parts warm water and apple cider vinegar into a large bowl.
- From here, soak the area affected with warts in the solution for around 20 minutes. If this doesn’t cause any discomfort, then keep the area in the solution for another 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process once a day until you start to see the warts to come off. Some people find it takes 3 weeks while others experience longer removal times.
Most people enjoy this removal alternative because it only requires little bit of time each day. If this is effective for you, the wart will begin to darken before it finally comes off. If you’re working with a large cluster of moles, the removal time may be extended.
Things to Keep in Mind
- If you experience a lot of pain you should stop using either of these remedies right away.
- Apple cider vinegar is extremely affordable and can be found at most local grocery stores.
- You may have to wait weeks before you see big changes with your warts, although most people see changes within 7-10 days.
- If nothing is changing after several weeks, you may want to consider an alternative removal option.