The task of eliminating stretch marks is not easy. Many people have gone to great lengths to try and eliminate them. There are different types of ways to remove stretch marks such as through abrasion, laser technology and dermabrasion. As much as all this are suitable solutions they may not be applicable to everyone since they are a bit expensive.
Stretch marks appear mainly in the abdominal wall, thighs, buttocks, upper arms and breasts. All these are sensitive areas that can make you feel self-conscious and uncomfortable about your appearance. There are many reasons as to why stretch marks occur in the body such as pregnancy, stress, rapid growth, sudden gain or loss in weight and hereditary factors. However if you have stretch marks you do not have to worry. The following articles shall discuss the top 6 home remedies for stretch mark removal.
Using lemon juice is an easy way to remove stretch marks. Lemon juice is a natural acid; this property makes it ideal for use in dealing with stretch marks, acne, scars and other skin injuries. Follow these simple instructions.
- Take fresh lemon juice and in circular motions rub the juice onto the stretch marks.
- Leave the juice to soak into the surface of the skin for at least 10 minutes. Rinse off the skin with warm water.
- Do this three times a day until you get the desired results.
- Potato juice
- Potato juice is a suitable remedy because it contains minerals and vitamins which are useful in the growth and restoration of skin cells.
- Take a potato and cut it into thick slices.
- Take one of the slices and gently rub it onto the area with stretch marks.
- Let the juice dry onto the surface of skin and after some time rinse off with lukewarm water.
This is a home remedy that has been used by many people successfully.
- Take some carrots and steam them until they are soft.
- Mash them so as to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste onto the affected area and let it soak in for as long as possible.
For a long time cocoa butter has been used by mothers to prevent the appearance of stretch marks during pregnancy. Cocoa butter is effective because it penetrates the skin and can reach the dermis which is the second skin layer. You need to apply the butter at least two times a day. Within one or two months the stretch marks will begin to reduce.
Aloe Vera is a natural beauty treatment that is used in the treatment of various skin conditions including removing stretch marks. Aloe Vera helps the skin by keeping it hydrated and replenished. There are many products containing Aloe Vera but its best to use the juice from a freshly cut leaf. Apply the juice onto the affected area two to three times a day.
Eggs are rich in protein and this makes them a good remedy for stretch marks removal. Use the egg whites in the remedy since they are rich in proteins and amino acids.
- Gently whip two egg whites with a folk.
- Using a make-up brush apply the egg whites onto the surface of your skin.
- Let the paste dry onto the skin then after some time rinse of the area with cold water.
- Apply some olive oil onto the skin so as to keep the area moisturized.
Repeat the above processes every day until you get the desired results. Make sure that the surface of the skin is always clean.