Cocoa butter is a type of thick vegetable fat that is much hydrated. This is a property that has made it a popular ingredient in the manufacture of many beauty products. Cocoa butter because of its high moisturizing properties has been used in lip balms, body lotions, hair conditioners and soaps among other body care products. The butter has the ability to rejuvenate dry skin and clear away scars, marks and other discolorations.
However, the most popular use of cocoa butter is in the treatment and prevention of stretch marks. It is common for stretch marks to occur especially when you have gained or lost weight very rapidly. The product is utilized by many women during pregnancy in the treatment and prevention of stretch marks. This article shall discuss how you can use cocoa-butter for stretch marks removal and prevention. Read on so that you can learn to effectively remove or prevent those ugly marks from your body. The fact is that no one likes to have such marks on the body.
Due to rapid alterations of the skin caused by situations such as pregnancy and weight loss/ gain stretch marks begin to occur. The collagen underneath the skin becomes injured making the skin less rigid. This lack of elasticity leads to stretch marks appearing onthe skin. Cocoa butter is able to dissolve deep in the skin and hence help renovate it. It contains anti-oxidants and first-rate emollient assets that soften and calm the skin. For stretch mark removal we recommend palmer’s cocoa butter. It is cheap and effective…
Tip 1. Cleanse the affected area with warm water and a non-irritating soap. Use a clean and soft towel to gently pat the area dry.
Tip 2. Now take some sufficient quantity of butter into your hands and gently massage the butter on the area. A small amount is normally sufficient; enough to wrap the tips of two to three fingers.
- Rub the butter onto the skin a spherical motion until all the butter is soaked into the skin. This can take about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Wait for a period of 5 to 10 minutes so as to let the cocoa butter completely absorb into the skin.
- Now wrap the treated surface with some strips of cloth. This step is important because it helps lock the moisture in thus keeping the skin hydrated.
Tip 4. In order to ensure the treatment works then you need to be consistent. Make sure that you massage the affected area with cocoa butter at least twice a day. This is preferably in the morning after bathing and just before you go to bed.
- You are advised to be patient during the treatment process. In most cases it may end up taking about one month or even longer in order for your stretch marks to fade away.
- Note that that cocoa butter may not be end up eliminating the stretch marks completely. However it can effectively prevent and reduce their tonal intensity.
- Some people have reported adverse reactions such as redness and irritation after using the butter. If you experience any of the above symptoms you are advice to discontinue use.