If you experience irritating moles you shouldn’t worry as there are several ways in which you can have them easily removed. According to the great Ormond Hospital, moles can either be burned or cut off by a dermatologist or slowly eroded by regularly applying peeling agents or acidic compounds for example salicylic acid. The acid treats moles by penetrating your skin and removing the skin pigmentation effect.
Originally drawn from the yap of willow tree the acid is well known for its capacity to reduce fever, inflammation and pain. It is a regular ingredient in most topical pain relief muscle rubs and ointments. Although when salicylic acid is directly applied on the skin it works as a keatolytic compound. It is commonly used to shed away the superficial layer of your skin though it may cause some irritation. As a result of this value it is a regular constituent in most of the over the counter drugs used to treat moles, acne, corns, warts and callouses.
Salicylic acid products can be bought in bandage, cleansing pads, lotions, creams, liquids gels and drops forms from any drug store. To use any of these salicylic product to effectively remove moles at home simply apply a little of the product on the mole directly at least thrice daily until you achieve the desire results.
Salicylic acid treatment is normally non selective, which means that it not only destroys moles but may also destroy healthy skin. It is however important to note that not all moles can be treated using salicylic acid. You should consult your doctor prior to any application of salicylic product. The use of salicylic acid to remove moles is lengthy and it may take up to six weeks.
Applying products that contain salicylic acid directly on your skin can cause skin irritation. Salicylic acid products should therefore not be applied on infected, itchy or inflamed skin. You should also not use salicylic acid products on sensitive parts of the body such as genitals, eyes, lips or the mouth. If by chance you accidentally expose any of those sensitive parts to salicylic acid, instantaneously rinse them with a lot of water.
If you experience burning or discomfort when using salicylic tart to treat moles, stop using the product immediately as this indicates that your skin will be scratched in the process. It is also important to note that not all moles can be removed safely some can become cancerous. It is important to have your dermatologist examine the shape, size and color of your mole. Don’t try to remove crusty, itchy, scaly, bloody or oozing moles at home as it isn’t safe. Pregnant women should consult with a dermatologist prior to using any salicylic acid product.