If you have moles on your body and want to get rid of them quickly, freezing them with liquid nitrogen can help you solve your problem. This can be done by a dermatologist quickly and painlessly so your moles are gone right when you want them to be.
Benefits of Cryotherapy
- The biggest benefit is that you will be able to have your mole removed within seconds, which is much quicker than natural removal methods.
- This is a non-invasive procedure, so you can have it done at any time and enjoy minimal scarring, if any at all.
- Only one treatment is necessary in order to remove a mole completely. After you’re finished you will only have to go through the healing process before your skin goes back to normal.
- Your dermatologist can send the mole in to be examined for cancerous cells. This is a safety precaution that can give you a lot of insight about your skin health.
How it Works
Once the area is completely frozen, the doctor will quickly cut it off with a blade. Since the skin will be frozen you won’t feel anything while the procedure is going on.
After the freezing wears off you can take pain killers to prevent any pain from bothering you. The area where the mole was cut off should take around two weeks to heal completely. It’s important to follow your doctor’s after-care instructions exactly as they are written. This will ensure the area heals quickly and doesn’t develop an infection.
Disadvantages of Cryotherapy
- Freezing your mole with liquid nitrogen is not as affordable as using natural removal methods. Generally most insurances won’t even pay for this unless it’s to help remove a cancerous mole.
- Blistering can occur for some individuals when they are going through the healing process. If this does not go away within a couple of days, it will require further medical attention.
- Nerve damage can sometimes occur for individuals who have nerves that are close to the surface of the skin.
- There can be some pain associated with the removal process as well as the healing process. Generally it’s not too much pain and can be dealt with through the use of pain relievers.
This is one of the most effective methods for mole removal that is also safe. Just make sure you see a licensed dermatologist and get your mole examined by a lab you will. This will ensure you are in good hands and know whether or not you are at risk for certain types of skin cancer. If you are worried about developing a scar, make sure and take good care of your skin after the removal is finished. Most people do not end up with scarring, but it can happen to certain individuals. Fortunately there are scar creams you can use if you do see something develop after healing is completed.