Moles, also referred to as naevi, can be describes as benign growths of the surface of the skin. They can appear on any part of the body and they shape, texture, color and size. Mayo clinic explains that many people get moles throughout the course of their life. Though some moles “beauty spots” look attractive, most of the moles are unsightly and thus require removal.
There are several methods of removing moles, but DIY and surgical methods stand out among all other methods. In this write-up, we are going to learn a few pros and cons of DIY mole removals methods in comparison to the surgical methods.
The Pros of DIY Methods
There are numerous DIY (do-it-yourself) home removal methods that promise great results. Other than favorable results, there are numerous benefits that you can avail by opting for the DIY mole removal home remedies. Here are some of these notable benefits.
- Side Effects. Many DIY mole removal methods use natural home remedies to get rid of the mole. Furthermore, the methods and procedures have been used for decades and proven to be safe. The fact that the ingredients are 100% natural eliminates the risk of any side effects.
- Process. The process of using home remedies to remove moles is often simple. All you need to do is collect the ingredients and follow the instructions step by step. Anyone can do this without additional assistance or supervision.
- Healing Process. Numerous DIY mole removal methods involve a self healing process where the mole either detaches itself from the skin or simply disappears. This is unlike the surgical method where you require time to heal from the surgical cut.
- Scarring. As aforementioned, DIY mole removal methods allows the healing process to take its natural course. In addition to that, the natural ingredients and herbs used in the processes promote the growth of new healthy skin cells thus eliminate any possibilities of scarring.
- Cost. Unlike other mole removal methods, the DIY home remedies are cheap. Purchasing herbs and other ingredients costs between $20 and $50 which is virtually free when compared to $400 plus you’ll pay for the surgical mole removal method.
Cons of DIY Mole Removal Methods
There are several drawbacks associated with the DIY method of eliminating moles. Here are some of them.
- Health Risks. There is no DIY method that enables you to test the mole. As such, you might proceed to using the method which can turn out to be hazardous if the mole is malignant (cancerous). It’s therefore important that you consult a dermatologist before you embark on treating the mole.
- Effectiveness. Most DIY mole removal methods don’t offer permanent solutions. There is a chance that the mole will grow at the same spot. Furthermore, there are other stubborn moles that don’t respond to the herbs.
- It’s Gradual. Unlike surgery, DIY methods take time to completely eradicate the mole. In addition to that, if the mole is resistant to herbs, it will take you a lot energy and time before you realize that. This leads to wastage of funds as well as cause a lot of inconveniences.
Weighing down the pros and cons of both cheap DIY and surgical methods of mole removal, we can deduce that both methods are of grave importance. However, you should try out the DIY methods before proceeding to spending lots of cash on the surgical methods. Equally important, make sure that you consult your doctor for guidance.