Everybody has at least one skin mole. However, many people believe that moles are very bothersome and embarrassing (especially if they are located in visible areas, such as hands or face), therefore they are looking for various methods to remove them. There are different mole removal treatments available on the market, but not all of them are equally safe. Castor oil is a natural alternative to treatments such as:
- Laser therapy. Even if this therapy is effective, it can cost a little fortune and it carries the risk of scarring;
- Mole removal creams. Despite the fact that there is a wide variety of mole removal creams available, only a very small percentage are actually considered to be effective. Besides, these creams don’t come cheap either!
- Cryotherapy. Cryotherapy is a therapy that relies on the freezing of moles and warts. It can be very expensive for most of us and it may also leave some ugly scars in the long run!
This oil is extracted from the Castor plant, which can be found in certain parts of Asia and Africa. Castor oil has been used for centuries as a medical treatment for a wide range of diseases. Today, it is widely used as a laxative but it is also believed to relieve the irritation of the eye and help pregnant women deliver faster and easier. In addition, this oil is also used in the cosmetic industry for skin and hair care products.
How Does It Remove Skin Moles
This is undoubtedly one of the most popular natural remedies for mole removal. Castor oil is not only highly effective, but it is also affordable and it can be found very easily. Here is what you need to do:
- The first step is to thoroughly clean the area where you will apply the Castor oil using water and soap, then dry it with a clean towel;
- Put the Castor oil on the mole with the help of a cotton swab and leave it like that;
- Repeat the procedure twice a day (in the morning and in the evening, before going to bed), for one month.
If you want, you can cover the mole with a band aid after each application in order to protect the mole. As some people claim, Castor oil can deliver encouraging results after no more than one week. If the oil is used properly, you should start to see visible changes after several days: the skin mole will slowly shrink and afterwards it should completely fall off. After that, the skin may be slightly red for a while (the redness should go away after two days) and you may also experience little or no tenderness.
This remedy has a series of benefits that should not be ignored if you want to remove skin moles quickly and efficiently. First and foremost, it is very cheap – all you need is a bit of oil and several cotton swabs that will help you apply it on the mole. Another benefit of this natural treatment is that it is very easy to use and it does not require more than a minute a day. Last but not least, Castor oil does not leave any ugly scars on your skin after the mole falls off.