With the pharmaceutical options of treating acne costing so much money, it may come as no surprise to find that many people are turning to alternative methods in their search for clearer, healthier skin. Yasmin for acne is one such alternative. Primarily it is used as a female contraceptive pill; however, Yasmin has been reported to have had very good effects in the battle to fight against acne outbreaks in its patients.
How Yasmin for Acne Works
One of Yasmin for acne’s claims is that it can help to prevent moderate acne symptoms; this is achieved by using hormones to change the natural process that already exist in the female body. We already know that hormones play a large part in acne breakouts; very often these are seen in most teenagers when hormones are at their most rampant. It is by controlling these very hormones that the acne itself can be controlled and reduced.
How Much to Take?
- There is only one standard dosage of Yasmin, which is 3 mg of drospirenone and 0.03 mg of ethinyl estradiol per active tablet
- Each tablet should be taken only once per day
- The medication can be taken either in the morning or at night
- The pack will last for 28 days
- The first 21 tablets are yellow and contain the active ingredient
- The last 7 tablets are white and do not contain the active ingredient, by taking these it will allow your body to have a break from the hormones and allow you to have your period
Are There any Side Effects to Taking Yasmin for Acne?
Similar to any other prescribed medicine there can be side effects, these will tend to effect different people to a lesser or greater degree.
Side effects can be:
- Menstrual changes or problems
- General sickness
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- Breast pain or discomfort
These are the most common side effects that can be experienced when using Yasmin. However, it is not the complete list; as with all medicines if feel noticeable changes then you should consult your physician as soon as possible.
Signs that Yasmin for Acne is Working
Even though this medication is primarily a birth control pill, women can expect to see an improvement in overall skin health and tone; even if they don’t suffer from acne themselves. Women who suffer from acne will generally see an improvement once sufficient amounts of the Yasmin tablet has entered their bodies, this normally is somewhere around the 2-3 month stage.
Tell-tale signs that will show would be to look for the volume and sizes of the pustules, then number of pimples or spots and other signs that acne is present; plus of course the frequency that the break outs occur.
In some cases it has been reported that the acne may actually get a little worse before it starts to improve (generally this is in the initial 4 weeks of taking the tablet), when using Yasmin for acne; the important thing is to continue using the pill as prescribed, especially so if you are also using it as a form of birth control.